Monday, August 29, 2011

Money Saving Tip of the Day - CUT BACK and I don't mean knives!!

I have to admit, I'm super spoiled! My hubby is to blame! Really, it's all his fault! My mother even gave me a t-shirt once... it read "Spoiled Rotten". He would buy me whatever I wanted and figure out someway to pay for it even if that meant we never saw each other.

I love going shopping with my husband! We have fun, he's company!  But he's TERRIBLE for our wallet when it comes to spending the money he works so hard for. He always talks me into things that I wouldn't usually buy. You know, like cookies and those cute little candy bars. He loves brownies (we have at least 3 mixes at home) and the ones from the bakery look extra scrumptious. Clothing is even worse. I mean, what woman doesn't want to buy that blouse or skirt when her honey tells her she would look terribly sexy in it? We justify it by noticing the sales tags and if we have a coupon it's even better.

Lately though, I've started planning better. Goodness knows the LAST things I need are cookies and candy. So, this week when we went shopping and he snuck my favorite candy bars in the cart, I quietly removed them before check out. We stayed within budget and my thighs were thanking me. And really.... how often do I actually wear a skirt? Not until I work off those Milky Ways!!! And girls..... that doesn't mean run out and buy a gym membership you'll never use! Got it?!?!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment